You know what’s also exciting? Cake mix waffles. It totally validates easting cake for breakfast and no one will ever know. After stuffing my face with two days of donuts, I thought you might be in need of a lighter dessert/breakfast for the weekend. These Strawberry Red Velvet Waffle parfaits are the perfect dessert for without over indulging.
The waffles are made with a red velvet cake mix. A full batch makes about 5 large waffles, but each of these parfait cups only takes a half of a waffle. I happened to make these the same weekend that I made my S’mores Red Velvet Waffles. There was a lot of waffling around that weekend. Wow, bad joke. These waffles are layered with strawberries and homemade whipped cream. And because no dessert is complete without chocolate, I sprinkled some white chocolate chips on top. Of coarse, the best part of parfaits is that you can add any of your favorite ingredients.
Keep up with all the happenings. Follow Beyond Frosting
- 1 Box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- Ingredients list on the box (eggs, oil, milk)
- *substitute water for milk
- 1 Box Strawberries
- 1 C Heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Powdered sugar
- White chocolate chips for garnish
- Pre-heat waffle maker according to instructions.
- Mix red velvet cake mix according to box instructions. Substitute the water for milk.
- Coat waffle maker with cooking spray. Fill waffle maker with designated amount of batter and bake according to waffle cooking instructions. Allow to cool slightly.
- Cut of waffles into bite sized pieces.
- Wash and dry strawberries, dice into bite sized pieces.
- To make the whipped cream, chill your stainless steal mixing bowl and wire whisk in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. This step is optional but recommend to help keep cream cold. Beat heavy whipping cream on medium-high speed for 3-5 minutes until stiff peaks form. After 2 minutes, add powdered sugar.
- Assemble waffle parfaits by alternating layers of waffles, strawberries and whipped cream. Garnish with white chocolate chips.
Other recipes you might like: