These chunky Coconut Lime Cookies are the perfect summer treat. The soft cookies are loaded with sweetened coconut and lime zest.
As much as I wanted to share these cookies with you yesterday, it just had to wait another day. Over the weekend I hung out in Phoenix for a girls weekend with one of my oldest friends. We ate and shopped until we dropped. Literally. I napped on Saturday night before dinner. I don’t know what it is about vacation, but I’ve been napping in the afternoon on all of vacations recently. I’m not even sorry about it.
So I got home late Sunday night and then yesterday I finished the last changes for my cookbook. This was the very last time I am going to see the book before it goes to print. Let me tell you this is some scary stuff! Pretty soon, I’ll be making some big announcements on that.
First up, these Coconut Lime Cookies. I’ve been keeping these on the back burner for a nice spring day. Now that we are heading into mid-April, I think it’s safe to say that Spring is here and it’s time to celebrate.
These soft-bake cookies are packed with shredded coconut and lime zest in every bite. As an added bonus, they are also packed with macadamia nuts. I don’t think it gets much better than that. I always prefer to under bake my cookies slightly so that they stay nice and chewy, but with all the coconut, that’s not a problem.
I used my go-to cookie dough for the base, which includes cream of tarter. This helps keep these cookies extra soft but also adds a little tanginess to the dough.
There’s one catch though, you will need to refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes, but the longer the better. This prevents the dough from spreading while it is being baked. I know it’s difficult when you just want to have a cookie right away, but trust me, this is worth the wait.
When it comes to pairing coconut together with citrus, I use lemon and lime pretty interchangeably. The sweetened coconut helps to offset the sour taste of the citrus. Previously, I’ve paired this combination with these cheesecake bars and also this monkey bread. I will tell you that I’ve got some more in store for you later this spring as well.
In the meantime, I’ll be whipping up another batch of these cookies.
Keep up with all the happenings. Follow Beyond Frosting:
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 2 limes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 cup shredded coconut, sweetened
- ¾ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Combine butter with sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and lime zest. Mix into butter and sugar until the eggs are well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until it starts to combine.
- Lastly, add the shredded coconut and chopped macadamia nuts and mix until the dough forms
- Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 1 hour. Do NOT skip this step or you will have cookies thinner than pancakes!
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Use a medium cookie scoop (1-2 tbsp) and scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350° F 12 to 15 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
You might also like: