This No-Bake Snickers Icebox Cake is layers of chocolate graham crackers, caramel cream cheese, chocolate pudding, Snickers bars and salty peanuts. There’s no need to heat up the kitchen with this easy recipe.
I hope you all enjoyed your July 4th weekend. We sent my dad off to Seattle, he attended a wedding over the weekend. It was so nice to have him around for a few days, plus I got to show him my book for the first time! It was so special. So I decided to take the weekend off and just hang out. It’s not that often that I can give myself a break like that, but I spent some much needed time with my main squeeze. Until I wrote about my QVC trip recap yesterday, but all the OTHER time I took off.
Since it’s summer and all, you might have noticed that I’ve been taking a break from actually baking, and making you lots and lots no-bake desserts. Last week I shared my No-Bake Tiramisu Cheesecake and my No-Bake Samoa Lush. Why all the no-bake desserts? Well it’s a bit of a countdown to the launch of my cookbook, which is just TWO weeks away!!!
This No-Bake Snickers Lasagna is the dessert of my dreams. This dessert has layers of chocolate graham crackers, caramel cream cheese, chocolate pudding, Snickers bars and salty peanuts. Plus that thick layer of Cool Whip on top that is drizzled with caramel and hot fudge.
Plus, you’ll find pieces of Snickers bars layered into the pudding and cheesecake. I like to use the Snickers Unwrapped bites that you find in the candy aisle, but they also recently started placing them in the baking aisle. I cut them into really small pieces, maybe even 6 or 9 little slices, so they can lay nice and flat when you push them into the soft pudding.
The key to icebox cakes is to prepare them with enough time for them to set in the fridge. The more time it sits, the better it gets. The caramel cream cheese will blend together with the chocolate pudding and the graham crackers will soften to a cake-like texture. Then once you slice into this dessert, it’s nice and soft, with the exception of those Snickers bites! It’s a nice little surprise every now and again.
Everyone is busy with their summer plans, so take a quick 20 minutes to throw this together and then toss it in the refrigerator until you need it. You can even make it a day in advance and it will be just fine.
Keep up with all the happenings. Follow Beyond Frosting:
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe to get recipes delivered to your inbox!Print
This No-Bake Snickers Icebox Cake is layers of chocolate graham crackers, caramel cream cheese, chocolate pudding, Snickers bars and salty peanuts.
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant chocolate pudding
- 1 ¾ cups milk (I use nonfat)
- 12 ounces cream cheese (full fat)
- 3 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 boxes chocolate graham crackers
- ½ cup salted peanuts, chopped
- ¾ cup Snickers bites, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge sauce
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- Allow the Cool Whip to thaw to room temperature.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the instant chocolate pudding and milk, whisking until pudding mix is dissolved. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes until the pudding is firm.
- Allow the cream cheese to soften to room temperature or microwave for 15 seconds. Don’t forget to remove the wrapper! Beat cream cheese on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Scrap down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the caramel sauce, heavy whipping cream and the vanilla extract and continuing beating until all the ingredients are well combined.
- To build the icebox cake, use a 9-inch by 13-inch pan and lay a piece of parchment paper on the bottom or wrap the pan in tin foil. Lay out the chocolate graham crackers to cover the bottom of the pan so there are as many large pieces as possible. For one edge, you will need to break the graham crackers apart or cut them with a serrated knife.
- Use an offset spatula and spread half of the caramel cream cheese over the bottom layer of the graham crackers. You will need to use your fingers to hold the crackers together until you get this layer down.
- Finish the layer by spreading half the chocolate pudding on top, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the chopped snickers bars and 1/3 of the chopped peanuts and gently press into the pudding layer.
- Continue to build the next layer with graham crackers. Spread the remaining caramel cream cheese followed by remaining chocolate pudding. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the chopped snickers bars and 1/3 of the chopped peanuts and gently press into the pudding layer.
- Finish it off with the top layer of chocolate graham crackers then spread the Cool Whip on top of the graham crackers.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining Snickers pieces and crushed peanuts. Now time for the Drizzle. Heat a jar of hot fudge sauce for 30-60 seconds into the microwave until smooth. Drizzle sauce over the top of the Cool Whip. Then drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours to allow the ingredients to blend together and the graham crackers to soften.
You might also like:
Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna