All your favorite things in one cake, this Slutty Brookie Poke Cake is a chocolate cake filled with chocolate pudding, topped with whipped cream and crush Oreos, Brownies and Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- For the cake:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- Ingredients listed on the box: eggs, oil, water
- 15 Oreos
- For the filling
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding (3.4oz)
- 1 ¾ cup milk
- For the topping:
- 1 ¾ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 12 chocolate chip cookies, such as Chips Ahoy
- 10 Oreos
- 6 small brownies
- 3 tablespoons hot fudge sauce for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the bottom of a 9-inch by 13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of the pan with Oreo cookies.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix with the ingredients listed on the box: water, oil and eggs.
- Beat the cake mix until it’s well combined. Pour the batter over top of the cookies.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-22 minutes until the cake is cooked all the way through. Test the cake for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cake is done.
- Allow the cake to cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Take a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes over the top of the cake.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the instant chocolate pudding with the milk and whisk together until the powdered mix is dissolved.
- Pour the liquid pudding mix over top of the cake, try to fill the holes with the pudding mix.
- Refrigerate the cake until the pudding is firm, about 10 minutes or so.
- Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream thickens.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks start to form. Spread the whipped cream over the top of the cake.
- Crush the chocolate chip cookies, Oreos and the brownies and sprinkle over top of the cake. Garnish with hot fudge.