These Circus Animal Stuffed Cookies are soft and chewy and filled with frosted circus animal cookies, with a drizzle of white chocolate and sprinkles on top.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Circus Animal Cookies
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- 2 ounces white chocolate (candy dipping chocolate preferred)
- Additional sprinkles for garnish
- Combine butter with sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix into butter and sugar until egg is well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough forms. As the dough is thickening, add in the crushed Circus Animal Cookies and sprinkles and continue mixing until they are well mixed.
- Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 45 minutes and as long as 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) and scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place about 2 inches apart and let rest for 10 minutes prior to baking.
- Bake at 350° F 10-12 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
- For the white chocolate, break the chocolate up into smaller pieces and microwave it at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time. Stir the chocolate after each 30 seconds so that it doesn’t burn.
- Use a piping bag and drizzle the white chocolate over the cookies and add a couple of sprinkles on top. Set these on a piece of parchment paper to cool.