- 1 Box Vanilla cake mix
- 4 Large egg whites
- 1/3 C Oil
- 1/2 C Buttermilk
- 3/4 C Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Orange juice
- 2 tbsp Rum
- 1 tsp Coconut extract
- 1 C (6.5 oz) Pineapple, diced
- Preheat over to 350°.
- Combine cake mix with eggs, oil, buttermilk and sour cream. Beat with a mixer on medium speed until combined.
- Next add orange juice, rum, coconut extract and diced pineapple. Beat into cake on a low speed until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 12-15 minutes. Check after 12 minutes, and bake another 2-3 minutes until tops are golden or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. Baking times will vary by oven.
- Allow cupcakes to cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.