- 1 Box Lemon cake mix
- 1 pkg Instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 C Oil
- Lemon Cupcakes
- 3 Large eggs
- 3/4 C Non-fat sour cream
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- Oatmeal Crumble
- 1/2 C Butter (softened)
- 1/2 Light brown sugar
- 1/2 C All-purpose flour
- 1/2 Oatmeal
- For the Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine lemon cake mix with dry pudding mix in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add eggs, oil and sour cream. Mix on medium speed just until combined.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon juice and continue mixing until incorporated.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners and fill 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the cupcake. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cupcakes are done.
- Allow cupcakes to cool for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack and cool completely.
- For the Crumble
- Leave oven heated at 350°.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Use a pastry cutter or fork to cut the butter into the other ingredients. You want to create smaller chunks by breaking up the butter and coating it with the other ingredients.
- Line a large baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper. Spread crumble evenly over baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes until it just starts to turn a light brown. Remove and allow to cool. Crumble will harden as it cools. Break apart larger pieces and set aside. You can make this a day ahead of time if you prefer.