I mentioned on Monday that I am on vacation at the lake for a week, and it is friggin’ hot! The area where I live is somewhat coastal, so it gets warm but not unbearable. The weather here is in the high 90s. I know everyone in inland California, Arizona, Texas and other part of the US are rolling their eyes right now, but seriously, I am not used to this and I don’t know how you deal with it! Thank god I can just jump in the lake at any given time during the day. So there will be very little baking going on while I am on vacation. Grilling? Sure, all day long, but I am NOT turning on the oven. Therefore, desserts will be of the no-bake variety. I guess it helps that we can hop in the boat and cross the lake for some frozen mud pie!
How about these No-Bake Mini Salted Caramel Ice Cream Brownies? They couldn’t be easier to prepare. I used a container of store-bought brownies, some Haagen-Dazs Sea Salt Caramel Gelato and homemade whipped cream. These mini ice cream brownies are the perfect little snack. I usually feel less guilty when I eat things in smaller portions, until I eat 3 or 4 of them. Oops. Anyway, I am totally head over heels in LOVE with this Sea Salt Caramel Gelato ice cream. I am not usually a salted caramel type of person, but I could eat a pint of this ice cream about as fast as I could down a pint of Ben and Jerrys.Print
- Mini Ice Cream Brownie Bites
- Makes about 24 brownies
- 1 container Mini brownies
- 2 pints Haagen-Dass ice cream
- 2 C Heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 tbsp Powdered sugar
- Toppings of choice
- *I purchased my mini brownies at Whole Foods, but I know many stores carry the bite-sized treats. Even if they don’t, you can buy regular sized brownies and cut them into small pieces!
- Place the mini brownies into individual mini cupcake liners.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and allow to soften slightly. Use a small cookie scoop to spoon the ice cream on top of the brownies and press down.
- Return these to the freezer for at least an hour to allow them to harden. I put them in a freezer-safe container.
- Before serving, remove from freezer and prepare whipped cream. Combine heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar in a mixer. Mix at medium-high speed until stiff peak forms. I like to put my bowl and mixing attachments in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to get them nice and cold before adding the whipping cream.
- Top brownie bites with whipped cream and add your toppings of choice.
If you are in the heat like me, your brownie bites will melt quickly; yet I don’t think these will last very long once you take the first bite! Sometimes in life things just need to be easy. This, my friends, is easy peasy. If nothing else, go buy yourself a pint of ice cream and you should NOT plan on sharing. Enjoy!
Do you need some other no-bake desserts? Check out a few more below!