Ugh, it’s August and my TV is filled with back to school commercials, Target is packed with pencils and notebooks and kids are eating up every last bit of summer. Confession time; I LOVE school supplies- all of them. I could never have enough notebooks, pens and sticky pads. So when Walkers Shortbread decided to feature back-to-school snack ideas this month, I was pretty excited. What I am even more excited about was their line of mini shortbread cookies. Everything mini is better in my book.
I used Walker’s newest flavor, Mini Crunchy Oatmeal Cookie to makes these Peanut Butter and Jelly Frosted Cookie Sandwiches. Nothing reminds me of back-to-school more than peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. So I took some peanut butter and mixed in some butter and powered sugar to create a peanut butter frosting. Then I added some jelly and a few cookies and you have a quick after school snack that even a mom would enjoy.
What I love about this is you can create a peanut butter and jelly dip to dunk you cookies in too. Each mini bag of cookies comes with 28 cookies and there are four wonderful flavors. The mini bags come in Chocolate Chip Shortbread, Shortbread Fingers, Shortbread Rounds and the newest addition is Crunchy Oatmeal Cookies. I opened a bag of the oatmeal cookies and immediately popped a few in my mouth. The bag has a reseal tab, so you can sneak a few a time, close up the bag and no one will ever know.Print
- 1/4 C Unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 C Peanut butter at room temperature
- 1 C Powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 C Jelly (flavor of choice; I like Raspberry)
- 2 bags Walkers Mini Crunchy Oatmeal Cookie
- Allow butter and peanut butter to come to room temperature. Combine in a medium-sized bowl and cream together until smooth using the wire whisk attachment on the mixer.
- Add powered sugar and blend into peanut butter.
- Last, add heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract. Whip until smooth.
- Spoon a teaspoon of peanut butter frosting onto a cookie, top with a little bit of jelly and cover with another cookie.
You can pack these cookies up for a lunch box treat or serve for an after school snack. I have a couple mini bags of Walkers cookies left, but I am not quite ready to share yet! Good thing I don’t have to! From today (Monday) until Friday August 9th, Walkers is offering my readers an exclusive deal for buy two, get one free. Head over to their online store, and use the promo code “BFSCHOOL” for your exclusive deal.
Walkers Shortbread provided me with free samples of these cookies to review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. I was not compensated for this post.
Here are a few other recipes using Walkers Shortbread cookies: