I can’t believe October is coming to an end this week. It seems like the end of this year is flying by. Mentally, I am way past Halloween, already baking for Christmas. That’s right, I said it, Christmas. Just a week ago I was questioning why big box stores were already carrying Christmas stuff. I guess because of people like me who are already searching for peppermint treats! Well as my love for pumpkin continues, I am taking a break from Pumpkin this week!
This is huge week for me, my one year blogiversary s coming on Thursday! So all this week I am celebrating in my own way, but also sharing with you! It’s a little fitting that this is my last post as a Walker’s ambassador. Six months ago, Walkers Shortbread approached me to be a part of their blogging ambassador program. Each month, Walkers has sent out a box of cookies along with a theme and asked bloggers to come up with a creative way to share the product. I was nervous and excited at the same time. Back in February, I set a list of goals for myself, and working with brands was one of them. I have certainly enjoyed my time working with Walkers by getting to know the products and create some yummy treats for you!
Today I have my made for you a Toasted Pecan Shortbread Bark. It’s need a little bit of patience to allow each step to complete, but it is really easy to put together and certainly tastes amazing! With the quickly approaching holidays, I think it’s important to have a go-to recipe that requires very little effort. This bark is perfect for that. It combines the buttery flavor of a shortbread cookie, the rich, soft dark chocolate and the salty toasted pecans on top. This bark is a little bit fragile because of the shortbread base, but if you allow it to set properly, it will hold up pretty well. Make sure to cut this with a sharp knife, and clean it between cuts.Print
- 3 C Shortbread cookie crumbs
- 1/2 C + 2 tbsp Unsalted butter, melted
- 12 oz Dark chocolate
- 1 C Pecans, toasted
- 1 C Coconut toasted
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Use a food processor to grind up Walkers shortbread cookies. I used 3 boxes of Butter Shortbread cookies, it is just over a cup of crumbs per box.
- Melt ½ C butter in a microwave safe bowl about 30 seconds. Pour melted butter over shortbread crumbs.
- Combine melted butter and shortbread crumbs with a spoon. Pour crumbs into a 9×13” pan. Use your hands to evenly pat down crumbs into pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350° F. Watch the top of the crumbs until it turns slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Before you turn off the oven, toast the pecans. Melt 2 tbsp butter in a microwave safe bowl. Empty pecans into butter and stir to coat evenly.
- Toast pecans in pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes. Watch carefully so they do not burn. Baking times vary by oven and pan type. Cool completely.
- Toast coconut by spreading evenly on a baking sheet and baking in pre-heated oven for 5-8 minutes until slightly brown. Cool completely.
- Once shortbread crust, pecans and coconut are cooled, prepare to assemble the bark.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water on medium heat (or in a double boiler). Stir chocolate until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over cooled shortbread base and spread evenly. Top melted chocolate with pecans and coconut and gently press into melted chocolate.
- Allow chocolate to set completely, about 30-45 minutes. You can refrigerate to help spread up the process. Once set, you can cut into pieces and serve.
Take a look at my other recipes for Walkers