- 3 C Shortbread cookie crumbs
- 1/2 C + 2 tbsp Unsalted butter, melted
- 12 oz Dark chocolate
- 1 C Pecans, toasted
- 1 C Coconut toasted
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Use a food processor to grind up Walkers shortbread cookies. I used 3 boxes of Butter Shortbread cookies, it is just over a cup of crumbs per box.
- Melt ½ C butter in a microwave safe bowl about 30 seconds. Pour melted butter over shortbread crumbs.
- Combine melted butter and shortbread crumbs with a spoon. Pour crumbs into a 9×13” pan. Use your hands to evenly pat down crumbs into pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350° F. Watch the top of the crumbs until it turns slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Before you turn off the oven, toast the pecans. Melt 2 tbsp butter in a microwave safe bowl. Empty pecans into butter and stir to coat evenly.
- Toast pecans in pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes. Watch carefully so they do not burn. Baking times vary by oven and pan type. Cool completely.
- Toast coconut by spreading evenly on a baking sheet and baking in pre-heated oven for 5-8 minutes until slightly brown. Cool completely.
- Once shortbread crust, pecans and coconut are cooled, prepare to assemble the bark.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water on medium heat (or in a double boiler). Stir chocolate until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over cooled shortbread base and spread evenly. Top melted chocolate with pecans and coconut and gently press into melted chocolate.
- Allow chocolate to set completely, about 30-45 minutes. You can refrigerate to help spread up the process. Once set, you can cut into pieces and serve.