- 2 C Flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 C Unsalted butter, browned
- 1/2 C Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs
- 2–3 Medium-sized bananas, mashed
- 1/2 C Pecans
- 1/2 C Milk chocolate chips
For the Streusel
- 1 1/4 C Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- 1 C All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 C Light brown sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 C Unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two loaf pans.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour and combine with sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Once melted, continue to stir until butter turns a golden brown.
- Pour melted butter into a large mixing bowl and combine with buttermilk, vanilla extract and eggs. Whisk vigorously until smooth; make sure eggs are well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, unpeel bananas and mash with a fork. Add mashed bananas to wet ingredients.
- Slowly add flour mix into wet ingredients and gently stir with a wooden spoon just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
For the Streusal
- Prepare the streusel by grinding the Cinnamon Toast Crunch in a food processor. Combine the cereal crumbs with remaining dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Melted butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Pour melted butter over dry ingredients. Stir with a fork to combine butter with dry ingredients.
Prepare the loafs
- Fill the bottom 1/3 of each loaf pan with batter. Sprinkle a thin layer of streusel (reserve ½ cup) and then divide up remaining batter between each loaf pan. Top with remaining streusel.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes until bread rises. Stick a toothpick or thin knife into the center of the bread to check for doneness. If the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is done.
- Allow bread to cool before cutting.
If you do not have buttermilk, you can substitute regular milk.