- 1 batch of cupcakes, baked and cooled
- 3 sticks Unsalted butter- at room temperature
- 1/4 C Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Cocoa (a heaping 1/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp Malted milk powder
- 4 C Powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- Hot fudge sauce for drizzling
- Butter should be at room temperature or slightly firmer, not melted. Beat on medium speed until butter is light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed and slowly add Ground Cocoa butter and malted milk powder and beat into butter. Beat until Ground Cocoa is incorporated into butter.
- Add powered sugar one cup at a time, beating on medium-low speed. The frosting will become quite thick.
- Add heavy whipped cream and increase speed to medium high. Beat at high speeds in 30-second increments until frosting becomes fluffy, maybe two minutes.
- Frost cupcakes once cooled.
- I used some hot fudge sauce to drizzle over the top of my cupcakes. I microwaved it slightly just until warm and runny but not overly hot.
You can add additional Ground Cocoa for a more intense chocolate flavor. You can use your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe!