I am doing a little happy dance over here. Today is my last day in the office until January 2nd. Our office graciously closes between Christmas and New Years to allow everyone some time to wind down from the year end. Every year since I started, I hope that they still plan to close down, but as our company grows, I am not sure if that will continue to be the case. I have already pretty much filled my time up with baking, snowboarding and sleeping.
I am also super excited because tomorrow we are heading to Disneyland for a family get together. In Lieu of exchange gifts, my boyfriend’s grandparents are taking the family to Disneyland. I haven’t been since I was probably 12 year old when I came to visit California with my mom and younger brother. My boyfriend has been talking about going since we started dating. I am secretly more excited to try all the wonderful sweets I hear about in downtown Disney. Then, on Sunday, we are taking off to the mountains again for a few days before Christmas. Needless to say I will be counting down the hours all day today.
I will be winding down the blog after Monday next week to take some time off and relax, as I am sure you will be doing the same. Before then, I am sneaking in a few last minute cookie recipes! Earlier this week I found some Gingerbread Oreos at the grocery store and picked up a bag. I decided to make these White Chocolate Gingerbread Oreo Cookies. The mix uses a package of instant cheesecake pudding, which can be substituted for vanilla pudding. While the pudding does add some flavor, I love how soft it helps keep the cookie. I crushed up the Oreos into smaller chunks and mixed them into my dough along with a little bit of cinnamon for the extra spice factor. These are pretty easy to whip together and would be great with a drizzle of white chocolate!
- 1/2 C Butter, softened
- 3/4 C Granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 pk (3.4 oz) Instant cheesecake pudding
- 2 C All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 12 Gingerbread Oreos, crushed
- 3/4 C White chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Allow butter to soften for about 30 minutes. Combine butter and granulated sugar in the mixing bowl. Beat until sugar and butter are well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, ensure the first egg is well beaten before adding the second. Add vanilla extract with the second egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine instant cheesecake pudding mix, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Slowly add dry ingredients to mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until dough starts to form.
- Crush Oreos in a Ziploc bag or a food processor. You want to end up with small chunks. Add crushed Oreos and white chocolate chips to cookie dough and beat until incorporated.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto a lined cookie sheet. You do not have to use a baking liner, but it helps prevent the bottom of the cookie from burning. Bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.