This No-Bake Mimosa Cheesecake is a light and fluffy no-bake cheesecake with hints of orange zest and champagne. Whatever the reason it, celebrate with this champagne cheesecake!
This recipe was originally posted in 2013 and has been updated in 2018
I’ve made my fair share of no-bake desserts, so it’s very hard for me to say I have one favorite. However, this No-Bake Mimosa Cheesecake is pretty high on my list. When I originally made this back in 2013, I had no idea there would be so many no-bake cheesecakes in my future. Once I discovered this flavor combination it unlocked the vault for me.
Champagne, or prosecco rather, is a staple in my house. Over the years I would say my tastes have evolved from brand to brand, but you’ll often find mini bottles in my fridge so I can pop one open when I feel like I need a little some extra at the end of my day. I have made plenty of champagne flavored desserts, but this is the only no-bake one, unless you count my mimosa milkshake. What I am trying to say is, if it’s mimosa flavored, I am on board.
For this mimosa cheesecake, I’ve opted to use white chocolate in the base of the cheesecake which adds a subtle sweetness. Typically a no-bake cheesecake would have some sort of sugar added to it, but I find the white chocolate does the trick. When you melt the white chocolate, you need to do it slowly, and set your microwave to 50% power. This helps prevent the white chocolate from burning or seizing. Once the chocolate is melted, continue stirring it until smooth. Then you’ll want to allow the white chocolate to cool down before you add it to the cheesecake.
This is one of those desserts that I had to throw the whole thing away, because it was too good for me to stare at in the fridge. There is a subtle taste of orange in this cake, but also I love the lightness of this dessert created by adding the whipped cream.
You’ll need a springform pan for this recipe. However if you don’t have one, you can use a 9-inch square pan and cut these into bars. Just make sure it’s at least 3-inches deep so you have plenty of room for the filling. If you’re not familiar with springform pans, be sure you check out my video for how to make a no-bake crust.
Follow Beyond Frosting:
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe to get recipes delivered to your inbox!Print
This No-Bake White Chocolate Mimosa Cheesecake is a light and fluffy no-bake cheesecake with hints of orange zest and champagne. Whatever the reason it, celebrate with this champagne cheesecake!
For the crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
For the filling
- 10 ounces white chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups +5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces (2 pkgs) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup champagne
- zest 1 large orange
For the topping
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2–3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- For the crust: Prepare a 9-inch springform pan by lightly greasing the edges of the pan with cooking spray, and then wiping gently with a paper towel.
- Grind the graham crackers into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Pour the melted butter over the graham cracker crumbs and stir until the crumbs are well coated.
- Pour the crumbs into your springform pan and press firmly into the bottom and up on the sides to create a thick crust. Refrigerate or freeze the crust while you are preparing the filling.
- For the cheesecake: In a microwave-safe bowl, combine white chocolate chips and 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream . Microwave at 50% powder in 20 second increments, stirring each time. Repeat until the chocolate starts to melt. Remove and stir until completely smooth. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Prepare the whipped cream. Chill a metal mixing bowl and wire whisk in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Then pour the heavy whipping cream (1 1/4 cups) into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set the whipped cream aside.
- Beat the softened cream cheese until smooth and free of lumps. Next add the cooled melted chocolate and orange zest and beat until well combined.
- Next, add the champagne and beat until smooth.
- Finally, fold in the prepared whipped cream, half at a time, and fold gently until well incorporated. Pour the filling into the prepared crust. Refrigerate 4 hours to allow the filling to set.
- For the topping: Place the metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to chill. Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Remove the cheesecake from the pan. Use a large open star tip and pipe the border of the cheesecake.
This also tastes great with a golden Oreo crust!
More Champagne Desserts from Beyond Frosting