A chocolate and caramel stuffed Chex cereal coated in coconut and powdered sugar. Sprinkled with Samoa Cookies.
- 10 oz Chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 C Hersheys chocolate spread
- 1/4 C Caramel sauce
- 2 C Shredded coconut
- 7– 8 C Chocolate Chex
- 3 C Powdered sugar
- 25 Kraft caramels (optional)
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 Box Samoa cookies
- Combine chocolate chips, butter and Hershey’s spread in a medium size sauce pan over medium heat. Stir occasionally to mix melted butter into chocolate chips.
- Once chocolate chips are completely melted, add caramel sauce and mix to combine with chocolate.
- In an XL mixing bowl, combine Chocolate Chex and coconut. Pour melted chocolate over cereal mix and toss with a spoon to completely coat the cereal.
- In a Ziploc bag, add 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar and half of the chocolate coated cereal. Seal the bag and shake vigorously to coat the cereal in powdered sugar. Pour out on a cookie sheet to cool. Repeat with the second half of the cereal and additional powdered sugar.
- This next step is optional. Unwrap 24 Kraft Caramels, combine and melt on the stovetop over medium-low heat. The caramel needs to be constantly stirred while melting so it doesn’t burn. The caramel will be extremely hot, use caution when handling. Once melted, slowly drizzle caramel over the muddy buddies.
- Once caramel has cooled slightly, gently stir to spread the caramel, evenly breaking apart some larger pieces with your fingers. Some of it will stick to the cereal and some will not. I cut up the extra pieces of caramel and left them in the muddy buddies.
- Cut Samoa cookies into tiny pieces and sprinkle into muddy buddies.
- Keep stored in an air tight container for up too three days.
Use extreme caution when handling Caramel. It will be very hot! Once caramel has cooled slightly, break apart some larger pieces with your fingers. Some of it will stick to the cereal and some will not. I cut up the extra pieces of caramel and left them in the muddy buddies.