The Rice Krispie Treat S’mores are Peeps Rice Krispie treats sandwiched together with marshmallow frosting, a sprinkle of graham crackers and dipped in chocolate.
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 30 Peeps
- 6 C Rice Krispie cereal
- 1/4 C Graham cracker crumbs
- 6 oz Chocolate for melting
- 1 batch Marshmallow frosting.
- Prepare the Rice Krispies treats by combining butter and peeps in a medium sized sauce pan. Allow Peeps to start to melt before stirring. Stir over medium heat until Peeps are melted. Pour the cereal in the sauce pan and stir until well mixed.
- Grease a large baking pan or cookie sheet (I used 12”x17”) or two smaller pans with Crisco. Spoon cereal and marshmallow mixture into the pan. Use a spatula and spread evenly. Use a piece of wax paper over the top and gently press mixture into pan. You want to have somewhat of a thin layer of Rice Krispie Treats, which is why I suggest using two pans. Leave them to harden for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare your frosting by following this recipe while your treats are setting. You will have extra frosting, unless you made a double batch of treats.
- Use a juice glass or cookie cutter and cut your Rice Krispies treats into circles (Allow your editor to immediately consume all remaining Rice Krispies Treats, because he loves them).
- Use a spoon or piping bag to put marshmallow on one side of the treat.
- Spoon some graham cracker crumbs on top and cover with a second Rice Krispie treat circle.
- Use a microwave safe bowl and melt chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds until chocolate is melted.
- Dip Rice Krispies Sandwich into chocolate and put on wax paper to allow chocolate to set; less than five minutes. Garnish with sprinkles immediately after dipping.