A bourbon infused oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with a salted caramel swirl.
- 20 Kraft caramel squares or appx 1 cup caramel bites
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 ounces Bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose Flour
- 2 1/4 cups quick oats
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine caramels and milk. Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring each time. Caramel will be very hot and can burn easily. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt. All the caramel to cool.
- Soften the butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Combine the softened butter with the brown and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the eggs, vanilla extract and bouron and continue beating until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, salt (1 tsp) and baking soda. Stir to combine and slowly add the dry ingredients into the dough, mixing on low speed until dough starts to form.
- Before the dough thickens, add the chocolate chips. Beat a couple of times until they start to incorporate.
- Once the caramel is melted and smooth (and cooled), add to cookie dough. Beat just until combined.
- Pre-scoop the dough using a large cookie scoop and place on a sheet pan. Sprinkle with flakey sea salt. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Remove each batch 10-15 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes. The center of the cookie should be slightly under baked but not too gooey. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.