A dense, buttery pound cake with peach pie filling, spiked with a bourbon glaze and sugary streusel.
- 1 C (2 sticks) Unsalted butter- at room temperature
- 1/2 C Crisco
- 3 C Sugar
- 5 Large eggs- at room temperature
- 2 tbsp Bourbon
- 3 C All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 C Milk- at room temperature
- 1 Can Lucky Leaf Peach Pie filling
For the streusel
- 3/4 C Flour
- 1/4 C Brown sugar
- 1/2 C (1 stick) Unsalted butter
For the glaze
- 1 C Confectionary sugar
- 1 tbsp Bourbon
- 2–3 tsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Allow eggs and butter to come to room temperature. Cream together the butter, and Crisco until smooth. Beat in sugar and cream it until well blended. Don’t rush this step; allow to beat for at least 5 minutes.
- Slowly add eggs 1 at a time and make sure each one is well mixed.
- Once all eggs have been blended into the batter, add bourbon and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour first and then measure out 3 cups.
- Add half of the dry ingredients and then half of the milk, and mix until combined. Add the second half of your dry ingredients, followed by the remaining milk. Continue to beat until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour batter into a 9″ x 13” pan.
- If you want to cut the peaches, remove the peaches from the can and cut into pieces. Otherwise, leave them whole and pour the whole can, juice and all over top of the cake batter. Swirl together with a spatula.
- Prepare the streusel by combining the flour and brown sugar together. Cut the butter into smaller pieces and then crush into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter or a couple of forks. Mash together until the butter is crumbled into the flour. Sprinkle on top of cake.
- Bake at 325° for 65-72 minutes. After about 45 minutes of baking, the cake will start to brown on top. You can cover with tin foil for 10-15 minutes. Then remove for the foil for the last few minutes.
- Check to see if your cake is done by inserting a toothpick into the middle. If it comes out clean, your cake is done. Baking times may vary by oven. Allow to cool before cutting.
For the glaze
- Sift powdered sugar into a bowl. Add bourbon and 2 teaspoons of milk. Whisk until smooth. To make glaze thinner, add additional milk. Drizzle on cooled cake.
Peaches can be sliced or left whole.