This minty grasshopper pie has a Mint Chocolate Brownie Brittle Crust, with a mint chocolate filling and topped with chocolate ganache.
For the crust
- 2 C Mint Chocolate Brownie Brittle crumbs
- 5 tbsp Unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
For the filling
- 1 1/2 C Heavy whipping cream
- 6 tbsp Powdered sugar
- 1 pkg (8oz) Cream cheese
- 1 jar (7oz) Marshmallow cream
- ¼ tsp Mint extract
- 1 C Mini chocolate chips
- ½ C Mint Chocolate Brownie Brittle crumbs
For the glaze
- 2/3C Dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 tsp Water
- 3 tsp Corn syrup
- Use a food processor to grind up Brownie Brittle into a fine crumb. You will need 2 cups for the crust and an additional 1/2 cup for the filling.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Combine Brownie Brittle crumbs, melted butter, flour and sugar. Stir until butter is evenly distributed and no dry crumbs remain. Press crumbs into a 9” spring form pan.
- Prepare the filling. Make the whipped cream by combining heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Beat on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. You will need about ½ cup of the whipped cream to top the pie; the rest will be combined for the filling. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Whip cream cheese on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add marshmallow cream and beat until well combined. Add mint extract and mix into filling.
- Add mini chocolate chips and remaining brownie brittle crumbs. Beat into filling.
- Add the whipped cream last. Gently fold into filling with a spatula, turning it over and over until combined. Do not whip too hard or the whipped cream will deflate.
- Pour filling into prepared piecrust.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before adding the glaze.
- To prepare the glaze, combine dark chocolate chips, unsalted butter, water and corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir. If chocolate is not melted, microwave for another 30 seconds. Pour melted chocolate over top of the pie and spread evenly. Return pie to the refrigerator for another 2-4 hours. Pie can also be frozen.
- Top with remaining whipped cream when ready to serve.
This pie must be refrigerated. It can be made 2 days ahead of time and kept in the freezer. This pie can also be an ice cream pie if you keep it frozen!