Your tastebuds will flip out over the deep chocolate and mint flavors in every bit of this Double Mint Chocolate Poke Cake.
Is anyone else counting down the days until the weekend? I live for my 3-day weekends! Sleeping, eating and hanging out. I love me some weekends. Usually I am rushing around to complete as much baking and photographing on the weekends as possible. However, having a 3-day weekend means I can take a day and not worrying about doing anything!
The problem is, when I make things like this Double Mint Chocolate Poke Cake. I am a crazy mint chip FREAK. It mind boggling that I don’t have more mint chip recipes for you guys, but that is about to change! This cake has to be one of my favorite recipes I have made to date and that’s a big statement!
You guys know what a poke cake is right? I have SO many versions on my blog: triple chocolate, pumpkin, funfetti, coconut, mudslide and more! You basically bake a cake, poke some holes in the top, fill it with some pudding and add your toppings. I am certainly not the first person to do a mint poke cake, but I can say this is out of this world amazing.
This is a chocolate cake that has been drenched in chocolate pudding. The topping is a mint whipped cream that will make you want to lick the spatula clean. Since I like a little crunch, I topped this cake with Andes mints and mini chocolate chips. You can drizzle it with a little added hot fudge too!
Seriously, every bite of this cake was a dream. The chocolate cake is rich in flavor. I prefer dark chocolate, so I used a dark chocolate hot fudge sauce and dark chocolate pudding. First I poured the hot fudge and let it set. The pudding layer is added after the hot fudge. It’s important to pour the pudding over the cake BEFORE it sets. That way when you put it in the fridge, the pudding gets cold.
My favorite thing about this cake? Make it ahead of time and leave it in the fridge. It will be the hit of the party! You don’t even need to make it all pretty on a plate, spoon it into a cup and go to town. For reals. There’s no shame in that game.
Follow Beyond Frosting:
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe to get recipes delivered to your inbox!Print
A rich chocolate cake filled with hot fudge and chocolate pudding. Topped with a fresh mint whipped cream.
For the Cake
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- Ingredients listed on the box (eggs, oil, water)
For the filling
- 1 pkg (3.4oz) Chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups Milk
For the whipped cream
- 1 3/4 C Heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 C Powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp Mint extract
- Green food coloring (optional)
- 15 Andes candy bars, crushed
- Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix according to the ingredients on the box. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Bake cake in 9×13” for 20-22 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, you cake is done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- When the cake has cooled, prepare the pudding layer by mixing a package of instant dark chocolate pudding with 2 cups of cold milk. Before the pudding sets, pour it over the top of the cake and put the cake in the fridge to let the pudding set, about 15 minutes.
- Prepare the whipped cream. Put the bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to get them really cold (this step is optional, but a common practice I use.). In cold mixing bowl, pour in heavy whipping cream and beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar and mint extract and increase speed to medium high. Beat until stiff peak form. If desired, add a drop or two of green food coloring.
- Spread whipped cream over the top of cake. You can top you cake with a hot fudge drizzle and some crushed Andes Mints and mini chocolate chips.
Recipe from my friends:
Mini Chocolate Mint Cream Pies from Mom on Timeout
Mint Chocolate Cookie Cups from Life Love and Sugar
Grasshopper Cupcakes from Shugary Sweets
Other recipes you might like: