This Pumpkin Pie Roll is a quick and easy way to impress your friends. A dessert roll loaded with cinnamon, sugar and pumpkin pie filling.
I don’t think I told you guys that next week is apple week, which is going to be awesome. But before apple week, I’ve got another pumpkin recipe for you! This Pumpkin Pie Roll is pumpkin-tastic. It’s a new word that describes the best pumpkin desserts. You know? Kind like the Pumpkin Hi-Hat Cupcakes I posted earlier this week.
This desserts was inspired from Shawn at I Wash, You Dry. She did a S’mores Pizza Roll a couple months ago that looks just mouth watering. Plus, when I was in Breckenridge last Thanksgiving, I stopped at the Crepe place and ordered a Pumpkin Pie Crepe. It was filled with cinnamon, sugar, pumpkin pie filling and graham crackers. I have been wanting to do my own variation of that dessert ever since.
I am crazy obsessed with pumpkin, so this dessert disappeared more and more with every photo I took. If served right after baking, this pumpkin roll will have a nice crisp top because the cinnamon and sugar caramelizes a little bit. I cut myself a slice after I cooled it for a bit and it was just heavenly. Then I stored it overnight and it softened up a bit; it reminded me of a cinnamon roll.
This recipe is so simple! I used an already prepared Pillsbury Pizza Crust. All you have to do it unroll it, and spread your ingredients on the inside, and then roll it up the same way you would do with cinnamon rolls. You bake the whole roll in one piece. This is my first time using a Pillsbury crust in this capacity, but I think it is a totally neat idea.
Some recipes will call for pre-baking the crust before adding the ingredients but I did not do that. As a result, I did bake it for longer that your average “pizza”, but it was just perfect. Like I mentioned before, the outside layer is a little bit crisp and the inside is really soft.
Imagine serving this with a side of whipped cream or ice cream, it would be just amazing! Plus, I totally ate this for breakfast the next morning, so if you want to do that, there is no judgment over here!
Keep up with all the happenings. Follow Beyond Frosting:
This Pumpkin Pie dessert roll loaded with cinnamon, sugar and pumpkin pie filling.
- 1 Can Pillsbury Pizza crust (13.8oz)
- 1 tbsp Butter, melted
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 C Pumpkin puree
- 3 Large Graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Unroll Pillsbury crust on a flattened surface.
- Melt butter in microwave. Brush butter onto Pillsbury crust.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon and gently spread and pat down into butter.
- Spread pumpkin puree evenly on the dough with a spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle with crushed graham crackers
- Roll crust from the short side. Try to keep it tightly rolled. Seal the end with a little bit of butter on the edge.
- Spread remaining butter on top of the roll and sprinkle with additional brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet on the top shelf. Bake for 20-25 minutes until edges start to turn light brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Slice and serve warm.
Recipes from my friends:
Pumpkin French Toast Muffins from Cooking Classy
Pumpkin Snickeroodle Scones from A Kitchen Addiction
Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies from Noble Pig
Other recipes you might like: