These Eggnog Cream Pies are the best way to enjoy the holiday beverage as a dessert. A buttery graham cracker crust filled with a heavenly Eggnog Mousse and topped with fresh whipped cream
- 1 pk Instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 1 1/2 C Eggnog
- 1/4 C Rum (optional)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 C Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 C Powdered sugar
- 1 1/2–2 C Graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp Unsalted butter
- Combine instant vanilla pudding mix with eggnog, rum, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk until powder dissolves. Refrigerate until pudding is firm.
- Put bowl and whisk in the freezer for 15 minutes until completely cold. Whip heavy cream on medium high speed for several minutes until bubbly.
- Add powdered sugar and beat on medium high until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate whipped cream until you are ready to use.
- Take 2 cup of the whipped cream and fold into pudding until mixed. Do not mix vigorously as it will deflate the whipped cream. Put mousse in a Ziploc bag and refrigerate until you are ready to use. Save remaining Whipped Cream to top the parfaits with.
- Use a food processor to grind graham crackers into a fine crumb. Put graham crackers crumbs in a microwave safe bowl. Melt butter together with graham crackers. Stir to coat the crumbs.
- To assemble these jars, place 1-2 tablespoons of graham crackers in the bottom of the jar. Cut a small hole in the corner of the Ziploc bag and fill the jars with eggnog mousse. Top mousse with a dollop of the leftover whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Jars must stay refrigerated until ready to serve.
Rum can be omitted, just replace with additional eggnog