These Red Velvet Cream Pie Cookie Cups are filled with love and lots of flavors. A red velvet cake mix cookie sits on top of an Oreo cookie crust. The luscious white chocolate mousse filling is then topped with homemade whipped cream and drizzled with fudge sauce.
- For the cookies
- 1 pkg Oreos
- 4–6 tbsp Unsalted butter
- ⅔ C Flour
- 1 C Red velvet cake mix powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Dark chocolate cocoa powder
- ¾ C Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Red food coloring (optional)
- For the mousse
- 2 C Heavy whipping cream
- 6 tbsp Powdered sugar
- 1 Pkg Instant white chocolate pudding mix
- ¾ C Milk
- Hot fudge for drizzle (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Grease a mini muffin pan with cooking spray or Crisco.
- Use a food processor to grind Oreo cookies into a fine crumb.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl until melted. Combine melted butter with Oreo cookie crumbs and stir until there are no dry crumbs left.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of Oreo cookie crumbs into the bottom of the mini muffin pan. Press down with a spoon or tart shaper.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cake mix, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Stir and set aside.
- Soften butter in the microwave for 15 seconds. Combine softened butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy; 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Reduce mixer to low speed and slowly add dry ingredients. Once combined, increase speed to medium high and beat for 1-2 minutes until soft dough forms. Add red food coloring for a deeper red color if desired.
- Drop 1-1.5 tablespoons of dough into the greased mini muffin pan on top of the Oreo crumbs. Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Use a tart shaper or the back of a spoon to gently push down the middle of the cookies. Allow to cool for another 30 minutes in the pan. You may need to run a knife around the edge of the cookies to help release them from the pan. Cool completely.
- Put bowl and whisk in the freezer for 15 minutes until completely cold. Whip heavy cream on medium high speed for several minutes until bubbly.
- Add powdered sugar and beat on medium high until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate whipped cream.
- Combine instant white chocolate pudding mix with milk. Whisk until powder dissolves. Refrigerate until pudding is firm.
- Take 1 cup of the whipped cream and fold into pudding until mixed. Do not mix vigorously as it will deflate the whipped cream. Refrigerate until you are ready to assemble cookies.
- To assemble the cookies, put the mousse in a Ziploc bag. Cut the tip off the end of the bag and gently fill the middle of the cookie cup with mousse. Divide between cookie cups.
- Top mousse with a dollop of the leftover whipped cream and drizzle hot fudge on top.
- Cookies must be refrigerated in an air tight container after the mousse has been added.
I have a deep dish mini muffin pan, which is great for these cookies. If you are using a standard size muffin pan, this will yield more cookies. Reduce the amount of crust and cookie dough for a standard size min muffin pan.