Funfetti Cream Pie Cookie Cups have a Golden Oreo crust and a funfetti cookie cups, filled with a dreamy vanilla mousse and topped with cake batter whipped cream.
- For the crust:
- 1 pkg Golden Oreos
- 4–6 tbsp Unsalted butter
- For the cookie:
- 2/3 C All-purpose flour
- 1 C Yellow cake mix (dry)
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 C Unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 C Granulated sugar
- ¾ C Light brown sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 2 tbsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Butter extract (optional)
- ¼ C Sprinkles
- For the filling:
- 2 C Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 C Yellow cake mix (dry)
- 1 Pkg Instant cheesecake (or vanilla) pudding mix (3.4oz)
- ¾ C Milk
- 2 tbsp Sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Grease a mini muffin pan with cooking spray or Crisco.
- Use a food processor to grind Oreo cookies into a fine crumb.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl until melted. Combine melted butter with Oreo cookie crumbs and stir until there are no dry crumbs left.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of Oreo cookie crumbs into the bottom of the mini muffin pan. Press down with a spoon or tart shaper.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cake mix, baking soda and salt. Stir and set aside.
- Soften butter in the microwave for 15 seconds. Combine softened butter and sugars in a mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy; 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg, vanilla, and butter extract and beat until well combined.
- Reduce mixer to low speed and slowly add dry ingredients. Once combined, increase speed to medium high and beat for 1-2 minutes until soft dough forms. Add sprinkles and beat into dough.
- Drop 1-1.5 tablespoons of dough into the greased mini muffin pan on top of the Oreo crumbs. Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Use a tart shaper or the back of a spoon to gently push down the middle of the cookies. Allow to cool for another 30 minutes in the pan. You may need to run a knife around the edge of the cookies to help release them from the pan. Cool completely.
- Prepare the filling while the cookies are baking.
- Put bowl and whisk in the freezer for 15 minutes until completely cold. Whip heavy cream on medium high speed for several minutes until bubbly.
- Add dry cake mix and beat on medium high until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate whipped cream.
- Combine instant pudding mix with milk. Whisk until powder dissolves. Refrigerate until pudding is firm.
- Take 1 cup of the whipped cream and fold into pudding until mixed. Do not mix vigorously as it will deflate the whipped cream. Refrigerate until you are ready to assemble cookies.
- For the remaining whipped cream, gently fold in sprinkles. Do not mix too much as it will change the color of the whipped cream.
- To assemble the cookies, put the mousse in a Ziploc bag. Cut the tip off the end of the bag and gently fill the middle of the cookie cup with mousse. Divide between cookie cups.
- Top mousse with a dollop of the leftover whipped cream and sprinkles.
- Cookies must be refrigerated in an air tight container after the mousse has been added.
I used an extra deep mini muffins pan. If you have a traditional mini muffin tin, reduce the amount of cookie dough.