- 1 box Chocolate cake mix
- Ingredients listed on the box: Eggs, Oil, Water etc. (Note that I used milk instead of water).
- 1 jar Hot fudge sauce (16 oz)
- 1 can Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling
- 2 C Heavy whipping cream
- 1 ¼ C Powdered sugar
- Chocolate bar for shavings
- OR Cool Whip instead of whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix according to the ingredients on the box. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Bake cake in 9×13” for 20-22 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, you cake is done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- Heat the jar of hot fudge sauce in the microwave for about 30 seconds until you can stir it and thin it out. You may need an additional 30 seconds. Pour the jar of hot fudge sauce on the top of cake and allow it to absorb in the cake until cake is cooled. Let set until completely cooled.
- Open the jar of Cherry Pie Filling and pour over the top of the cake, spread evenly. Allow cake to cool completely.
- Prepare the whipped cream. Put the bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to get them really cold (this step is optional, but a common practice I use.). In cold mixing bowl, pour in heavy whipping cream and beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar and increase speed to medium high. Beat until stiff peak form.
- Spread whipped cream over the top of cake.
- Chop a chocolate bar into small pieces and sprinkle over the top of the cake.
- Keep refrigerated.