These White Russian Cream Pie Cookie Cups are an espresso cookie that is spiked with Kahlua and filled with a Kahlua mousse.
- 1 C (2 sticks) Unsalted butter
- 1 C Brown sugar
- ¾ C Granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Kahlua
- 1 tsp Espresso powder
- 3 ½ C All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Kahlua
- ½ tsp Espresso powder
- 1 pkg White chocolate pudding (3.4 oz)
- ¾ C Milk
- 2 C Heavy cream
- 1 ¼ C Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a mini muffin pan with cookie spray or Crisco.
- Allow butter to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. Combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in your stand mixer and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Beat into butter and sugar until thoroughly mixed.
- Combine Kahlua and espresso powder and stir until powder is dissolved. Add to batter and mix until well combined.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Stir to mix. Slowly add dry ingredients into batter and beat on a low speed until dough starts to form.
- Drop three tablespoons of dough into the greased muffin pan. Bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Use a tart shaper or the back of a spoon to gently push down the middle of the cookies. Allow to cool completely in the pan. Gently twist to release cookies from pan.
- Mix together Kahlua and espresso powder and stir until powder is dissolved. Combine instant white chocolate pudding mix with milk and Kahlua and whisk until powder dissolves. Refrigerate until pudding is firm.
- Put mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for 15 minutes until completely cold. Whip heavy cream on medium high speed for several minutes until bubbly.
- Add powdered sugar and beat on medium high until stiff peaks form.
- Take 1 cup of the whipped cream and fold into pudding until mixed. Do not mix vigorously as it will deflate the whipped cream. Refrigerate until you are ready to assemble cookies.
- To assemble the cookies, put Kahlua mouse in a Ziploc bag. Cut the tip off the end of the bag and gently fill the middle of the cookie cup with mousse. Divide between cookie cups.
- Top mousse with a dollop of the leftover whipped cream and zest of lemon on top.
- Cookies must be refrigerated in an air tight container after the mousse has been added.