This fall I am craving Maple Bourbon Tiramisu Parfaits. Lady fingers soaked in espresso spiked with bourbon and maple syrup layered with a maple mascarpone mousse.
Here I go again with another Tiramisu recipe. #cantstopwontstop. I saw the original Maple Bourbon Chocolate Tiramisu on the Better Homes and Garden’s site. This has been on my to-do list for a long time! The problem is, now I want to make everything into Tiramisu. Would you guys be mad about that?
I decided to make this Maple Bourbon Tiramisu as a parfait instead of a traditional layered tiramisu. Parfaits are a great way to serve dessert to your dinner guest. I happened to have very large parfait cups, and while this dessert makes 5 parfaits, you could certainly make this as a layered dessert to also serve a small crowd. If you had smaller glasses, you could stretch this out to make probably 8 parfaits.
Each parfait has 4 ladyfingers, two on the bottom and two in the middle. The lady fingers are cut to fit and dipped in a mixture of strong espresso, bourbon and maple syrup. The lady fingers are layered with a maple mascarpone mousse that you can enjoy with a spoon!
Before I started making Tiramisu desserts, I wasn’t really sure where to purchase lady fingers. Turns out, they are more available that I thought.
While I don’t often see them in my regular grocery store, I have seen them at specialty food stores, World Market and Whole Foods. You can usually find them in the cookie aisle.
I really love tiramisu inspired recipes because I can’t help myself from eating the mascarpone whipped cream mousse straight out of the mixing bowl, it’s my favorite part! This time I flavored the mousse with a bit of maple syrup, because, maple everything. I topped off each layer with shaved dark chocolate instead of cocoa powder. I prefer the lighter taste of the shaved chocolate.
I am sure all your friends will be impressed with your parfaits and secretly, they have no idea how easy they are! Spice it up with some pecans or crushed cookies.
p style=”text-align: center;”>Follow Beyond Frosting:
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
- 1/3 C boiling water
- 2 tablespoons Espresso powder
- 1/3 C Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Bourbon
- 20 Ladyfingers
- For the filling
- 8 oz Mascarpone cheese
- 1 ½ C Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 C Powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp Maple syrup
- Chocolate bar for shavings
- Prepare the syrup for the ladyfingers by combining boiling water with espresso powder and whisk until the powder is dissolved. Add maple syrup and bourbon and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Make the filling by whipping the mascarpone cheese for 30 seconds on medium speed and then slowly add the heavy whipping cream and scrape down the bowl until it is a liquid consistency. Increase mixing speed to medium-high and continuing to add heavy whipped cream.
- Once soft peaks start to form, add powdered sugar and increase speed to high. Beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- To assemble the parfaits, cut lady fingers in half, or to fit into your parfait cup. Dip each piece of the lady finger in the syrup and place a single layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Fill a piping bag with the mascarpone mousse and pipe a layer of mousse. Use a zester to shave the chocolate over the mousse.
- Repeat steps for lady fingers and top with another layer of mousse and chocolate shaving. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Other recipes you might like:
Other recipes you might like:
Tiramisu Popsicles from The Cupcake Project
Bailey’s Twinkie Tiramisu from The Domestic Rebel
Cookie Dough Tiramisu from Grandbaby Cakes