- 20 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (I used dark chocolate chips)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Generous 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Place 20 ounces dark chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave on high for 1 minute. let chocolate rest for a minute and then stir. If needed heat for an addition 30 seconds until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- For the rest of the instructions, please visit Chocolate Chocolate and More
one quick note about these cookies. They do spread pretty thin. I found it is best to bake them on parchment paper instead of a silicone baking sheet and also to chill the dough in 10-15 minute increments. Do not chill the dough for an extended amount of time or it will be difficult to scoop.