- ½ C Unsalted butter, softened
- ½ C + 2 tbsp Sugar
- ½ C Ghirardelli Chocolate Caramel Hot Chocolate mix
- 1 Large egg
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1¾ C All-purpose Flour
- 1½ tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 C Mini Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
- For the whipped cream
- 1 C Heavy whipping cream
- ½ C Hot chocolate powder
- Hot fudge sauce for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a mini muffin pan with cookie spray or Crisco.
- Allow butter to come to room temperature. Beat on medium speed for a couple minutes until soft.
- Combine butter with sugar and hot chocolate mix and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix into butter and sugar until egg is well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined, dough will start to form. Add chocolate chips and mix to incorporate.
- Drop one tablespoons of dough into the greased mini muffin pan. Bake at 350°F for 12-14 minutes. Allow to sit in the muffin pan until cooled. Use a knife to run around the edges of the cookie cup to help release from pan.
- Place metal bowl and whisk in freezer for about 15 minutes so they are good and cold. Pour heavy whipping cream into mixing bowl and beat on high until bubbly. Add hot cocoa mix and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Keep Refrigerated. Pipe whipped into cooled cookie cups.
- Heat hot fudge sauce 30-60 seconds until warm, and drizzle over cookie cups. Keep refrigerated after frosted.