These White Chocolate Cranberry Orange Cookies are perfect for a holiday cookie exchange. They are crispy on the edges and soft in the middle.
- 1 C (2 sticks) Unsalted butter
- 2 C Sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 C Flour
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Cream of tartar
- 1 cup Cranberries, dried and sweetened
- Zest of 1 medium orange
- 2–3 oz White chocolate candy melts
- 1 tbsp Crisco or other vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine butter with sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix into butter and sugar until eggs are well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium-low speed until dough starts to form. Add dried cranberries and orange zest and mix just until combined.
- Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Use a large cookie scoop (3 tbsp) and scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, melt white chocolate and Crisco in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30-90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until white chocolate is smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Allow white chocolate to harden to room temperature.