These Maple Pecan Banana Muffins are sweetened maple syrup and topped with Sahale Snacks Maple Pecan Glazed Mix streusel.
- 2 C All-purpose flour
- 1 C Sugar
- 4 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ C Unsalted butter, melted
- ½ C Milk
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¾ C Bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- For the streusel:
- 1 bag Sahale Maple Pecan Glazed mix (4 oz bag)
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease a muffin pan with Crisco or baking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Then set this mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg using a whisk until light and fluffy. Add melted butter and whisk together with the egg. Continue to add milk, vanilla extract, mashed bananas and maple syrup. Whisk everything together until smooth.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to mix just until combined.
- Prepare the streusel. Use a food processor to pulse the Sahale mix into smaller pieces; it will be crumbles with a few large pieces left.
- Combine Sahale mix and flour in a microwave-safe bowl. Add butter on top and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and use a knife and fork to cut the butter into the dry ingredients. You should end up with a clumpy topping.
- Fill your muffin tin all the way to the top with batter, dividing between all 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle streusel on top. Bake for 5 minutes at 425° F and then reduce heat to 350° F and bake for another 16-20 minutes. Do not open the oven for at least 15 minutes; you will see how nicely the muffins rise. Baking times will vary by oven.
- Check your muffins for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the muffin. If your toothpick comes out clean, your muffin is done. Allow muffins to cool completely in the pan. You can also cool on a wire rack, but you want to allow them to cool enough to remove and transport them out of the pan.