- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup strawberry cake mix
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Allow the butter to soften to room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes or microwave the cold butter for a quick 12 seconds.
- Combine butter with sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix into butter and sugar until egg is well beaten.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, cake mix, baking powder and salt and whisk until blended.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough forms. Add ½ cup of sprinkles to the dough and mix until the sprinkles incorporate.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet. Gently press the top of the cookies down with the back of spoon or spatula and you can add a pinch of sprinkles on top if you would like.
- Bake at 350° F for 10 to12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the pan for several minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Cool completely.