A no-bake dessert featuring an Oreo cookie crust, a layer of caramel cheesecake, coconut mousse and a whipped cream topped with caramel, hot fudge and toasted coconut
- For the crust
- 1 package (14.3 oz) Oreo cookies
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- For the filling
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant coconut or vanilla pudding (see note)
- 1 ¼ cups milk (I used nonfat)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2–8 ounces containers Cool Whip, divided
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons caramel sauce, divided
- 1 ¼ cups toasted coconut
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge sauce
- For the crust: Grind the cookies into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs and stir until the crumbs as well coated. Press into a 9-inch square pan. Refrigerate this while you are preparing the filling
- For the fillings: In a small bowl, combine the instant coconut pudding with the milk and whisk until the powder mixture is dissolved. Refrigerate the pudding until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave by removing the wrapper and place the cream cheese on a plate. Microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes. Proceed to add the granulated sugar and continue beating for another 2 to 3 minutes adding 3 tbsp of the caramel sauce and beating until the sugar is well incorporated, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Mix in half a container (4 oz) of the Cool Whip and mix into the cream cheese, turning over from the bottom to the top until it’s well mixed. Spread the cream cheese mixture over top of the cookie crumbs.
- Remove the pudding from the refrigerator and mix in the remaining half of container (4 oz) of Cool Whip and stir into the pudding until it’s well mixed. Spread the mousse over the cream cheese.
- Add the top layer, a full container of whipped cream and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but the longer the better.
- Before serving top with toasted coconut and drizzle hot fudge sauce and caramel sauce. Heat the hot fudge sauce according to the instructions on the jar.
*If you don’t have coconut pudding, you can get instant vanilla pudding and add ½ teaspoon of coconut extract
*If you need to toast the coconut, do so at 400 degrees, laying the coconut out flat on a sheet pan. Toast 5 to 10 minutes until the coconut is light brown. Watch it carefully.