One of the best parts of a pie or cheesecake is the crust. This step-by-step guide will teach you How to Make a No-Bake Crust in a Springform Pan to prepare the perfect no-bake crust.
For the Crust:
- 1 package Oreo cookies (14 oz)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- For the crust: Prepare a 9-inch springform pan by lightly greasing the edges of the pan with cooking spray, and then wiping gently with a paper towel. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Grind the cookies into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender. Do not remove the filling.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs and stir until the crumbs are well coated.
- Pour the crumbs into your springform pan and press firmly into the bottom and up on the sides to create a thick crust. Refrigerate the crust while you are preparing the filling.
- A full package of Oreos (14 oz) has 3 1/2 cups (315g) of crumbs and has 36 cookies
- 12 Oreos is about 1 1/4 cup (112g) of crumbs
- For flavored Oreos (Golden, Lemon etc 15 oz+) use 7 tablespoons melted butter. There are less cookies in this package but there’s more filling.
- Other crust options include: Shortbread cookies, graham crackers, Nilla Wafers, Nutter Butters, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Gingersnaps or shortbread cookies.
- For a graham cracker crust you need 2 ¼ cups graham crackers crumbs and 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- For a 9-inch pie plate, reduce the crust to 24-26 Oreos and 6-7 tablespoons of butter
- For shortbread cookies, reduce to 6 tablespoons of butter since the cookies themselves have a lot of butter.