This No-Bake Lemon Macaroon Cheesecake is layered of golden Oreos, coconut cheesecake, lemon curd and whipped cream. The combination of the coconut and lemon is undeniable! All of this is done without turning on the oven!
For the crust:
- 1 package (16oz) Golden Oreos
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- For the filling:
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut, sweetened
- 10 ounces lemon curd
For the topping:
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup large flaked coconut
- For the crust: Prepare a 9-inch (23-cm) springform pan by lightly greasing the edges of the pan with cooking spray, and then wiping gently with a paper towel.
- Grind the cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor or blender.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter for 45 to 60 seconds until the butter is melted. In a separate medium-size bowl, pour the melted butter into the cookie crumbs and stir until there are no dry crumbs left.
- Pour the crumbs into your springform pan and press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the pan to create a thick crust.
- For the filling: To melt, microwave the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 15-second increments, stirring each time until the chocolate is melted and smooth. I suggest microwaving at 50 percent power, which helps prevent the white chocolate from seizing.
- Once melted, stir it until it’s smooth and set aside. Allow the chocolate to cool.
- Beat the softened cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the sugar into the cream cheese and continue beating until the sugar is incorporated, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Add the melted white chocolate and shredded coconut, and beat the mixture at a high speed for 60 to 90 seconds to create a nice and airy filling.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the prepared crust and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Spread the lemon curd over the top of the cheesecake layer
- For the topping: Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill. Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream gets bubbly.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and continuing beating on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add a nice thick layer of whipped cream atop the cheesecake.
- Garnish the top with large, flaked pre-toasted coconut or shredded coconut.
- Cover the pan with foil and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours to allow to set.