Celebrate National S’mores Day with these S’mores Cream Pie Cookie Cups. These cookies have an Oreo cookie crust with a soft chocolate pudding cookie, filled with a marshmallow mousse and topped with chocolate.
- For the crust:
- 16 Oreos (flavor of choice- I used S’mores)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- For the cookie:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter
- 1 cup Light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pkg (3.4oz) Hersey’s Dark chocolate pudding mix
- ¼ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- For the filling:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow cream
- For the garnish
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips, melted
- 36 pcs Hershey’s pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a mini muffin pan with cookie spray or Crisco.
- Use a food processor to grind Oreos into a fine crumb.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl until melted. Combine melted butter with Oreo crumbs and stir until there are no dry crumbs lefts.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of graham crackers into the bottom of the mini muffin pan and press down with a spoon or tart shaper.
- Allow the butter to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. Combine butter and sugars in your stand mixer and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Next, add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat it into the butter and sugar until thoroughly mixed.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, dry pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into batter and beat on a low speed until dough starts to form.
- Drop 1-1.5 tablespoons of dough into the greased mini muffin pan on top of the graham crackers. Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Use a tart shaper or the back of a spoon to gently push down the middle of the cookies. Allow to cool for another 30 minutes in the pan. You may need to run a knife around the edge of the cookies to help release them from the pan. Cool completely.
- For the filling: Put your mixing bowl and wire whisk in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes until it is completely cold. Beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed for several minutes until it starts to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Set the whipped cream aside.
- Unwrap the cream cheese and microwave it on a plate for 15 seconds. In your mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it’s completely smooth and free of lumps, scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Add the marshmallow cream and beat until it’s well combined. Slowly fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until it’s well blended.
- Use a pipe bag fitted with a large star tip or a large Ziploc bag and fill it with the mousse filling. Pipe some filling into each of the cookie cups. The cookies must be refrigerated after you add the mousse filling.
- To garnish these cookies, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle the melted chocolate over the mousse.
- If you have any leftover Oreo crumbs, sprinkle some crumbs over top. Stick a piece of chocolate into tops of the cookie cups.
If you can’t find dark chocolate pudding, use a regular instant chocolate pudding