- 1 cup Kraft caramel bites
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter
- 1 cup Light brown sugar
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1½ ounces Bourbon (optional)
- ½ teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 3/4 cups Quick oats
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini salted caramel pretzels, loosely chopped
- Additional pretzels for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine caramel bites, milk and sea salt. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time. Caramel will be very hot and can burn easily. Stir until completely smooth and set aside to cool.
- Soften butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Combine softened butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs, bourbon and vanilla extract. Beat until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, quick oats, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine and slowly add into batter, mixing on low speed until dough starts to form.
- Once caramel has cooled, add to cookie dough along with chocolate chips and chopped pretzels. Beat until all ingredients are combined.
- These cookies are best if the dough is refrigerated for 30 minutes. You can pre scoop the dough to make it easier to handle.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of dough onto a lined baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes until cookies start to turn light brown. Remove from oven and gently press a pretzel into the middle of the cookies.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10-15 minutes before moving onto a wire rack to cool.
Prep time includes 30 minutes for the dough to rest in the refrigerator. If you want to omit the bourbon, substitute vanilla extract