This Brownie Bottom Mint Chip Mousse Pie starts with a fudgy chocolate brownie layer and it’s topped with a light and airy mint chip mousse.
- For the brownie:
- 1 package fudgy chocolate brownie mix (19.9 oz)
- Ingredients listed on the box: oil, eggs, water
- For the mousse:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon gelatin,
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 1 ½ cups plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon mint extract (more to taste)
- green food coloring
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- For the topping:
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge sauce
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- For the brownie: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the brownie mix, with the ingredients listed on the box. Stir until the batter is well combined and there are no dry ingredients left.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan and spread evenly. Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes until the center is baked but still slightly fudgy. Allow the brownie to cool completely.
- For the mousse: Allow the cream cheese to soften to room temperature.
- In a small dish, combine 1 tablespoon of cold water with 1 teaspoon gelatin. Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water and allow it to set to a solid.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the white chocolate and 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream. Microwave at 50% power in 30 second increments until the chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Microwave the gelatin for 8-10 seconds until it turns back to a liquid. Pour the liquid gelatin into the melted chocolate and stir to combine. Set the chocolate aside.
- Place a medium-sized metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to chill.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and beat on medium-high speed until the heavy cream starts to thicken.
- As the cream thickens, add the powdered sugar and continuing beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set the whipped cream aside.
- Beat the softened cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes, until the cream cheese is completely smooth, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Next, add the melted chocolate and mix thoroughly into the cream cheese mixture. Then add the mint extract and green food coloring. Add the food coloring a little bit at a time, keeping in mind it will become lighter when the whipped cream is added.
- Finally, fold the prepared whipped cream into the cream cheese and stir gently until the mixture is well combined. Fold in the mini chocolate chips last.
- Pour the mint chip batter over top of the cooled brownie (in the springform pan) and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- For the topping: Prior to serving, prepare the toppings. Place a medium-sized metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to chill.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and beat on medium-high speed until the heavy cream starts to thicken.
- As the cream thickens, add the powdered sugar and continuing beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Pipe the decorative boarder using a large open star tip.
- Drizzle the top with hot judge sauce and sprinkle with additional mini chocolate chips.