One bite of this Chocolate Funfetti Cheesecake Bundt Cake is not enough. This dark chocolate cake is filled with a funfetti cheesecake filling and a cream cheese glaze. Plus there’s plenty of sprinkles to go along!
For the cake:
- 1 box chocolate cake
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the cheesecake:
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup dry vanilla cake mix
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
For the topping:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4–5 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- Sprinkles for garnish
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350° F. Generously grease a large bundt pan with Crisco and coat it with a mixture of 50% flour and 50% cocoa powder. Do not skip this step, it is important to help the cake release from the pan!
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, cocoa powder eggs, oil, water, sour cream and vanilla extract. Mix all of the ingredients until they are well combined. Set aside.
- For the cheesecake: Remove the wrapper and microwave the cream cheese for 20-25 seconds.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the softened cream cheese with the egg, cake mix and vanilla extract. Mix all of the ingredients until they are well combined and smooth. Stir in the sprinkles last.
- Place at least 1/3 of the cake batter into the bottom of the greased and floured pan, be sure to cover at least the bottom nooks and crannies.
- Then spread the Oreo cheesecake over top of the cake batter and try to spread it evenly.
- Finally, cover the cheesecake layer with the remaining cake batter. Bake at 350° F for 45-52 minutes. Note that baking times will vary by oven and pan type. To test the cake for doneness, insert a knife into the cake, if the knife comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Allow the cake to cool for at least 15-20 minutes and gently run a knife around the sides of the pan to help release the cake from the sides of the pan. Turn the cake onto a pan by placing the pan on the top of the cake and use two hands to invert it. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- For the topping: Remove the wrapper and microwave the cream cheese for 20-25 seconds and then beat the cream cheese until it’s smooth.
- Then add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until the ingredients are well combined. Then slowly add the heavy cream, one teaspoon at a time until the cream cheese reaches your desired consistency. It should still be thick, not watery, but it should run off your spoon without too much effort.
- Place the cream cheese in a piping bag and cut off the edge of the piping bag about ¼-inch from the bottom. Pipe the cream cheese frosting along the top and sides of the cake. Garnish with sprinkles. Keep this cake refrigerated in an air tight container and allow to come to room temperature before serving.