This is one of my most versatile cookie dough recipes that stays soft and chewy every time. I have no less than 12 ways you can use this cookie recipe!
It all started with the Perfect Soft and Chewy Snickerdoodles. I can’t take credit for the recipe because it came from my future in-laws but it was one recipe that my fiance always talked about and so finally I got my hands on it and I never looked back.
These are the cookies that I always turn to if I need to make something to bring into the office. Even though it isn’t the quickest recipe, because it does require that you refrigerate the dough, I always get so many compliments on it. This recipe always makes it into holiday cookie baskets in one way or another.
After the snickerdoodles, I proceeded to try other recipes using the same dough base but adding my favorite mix ins, such as M&Ms, Pop Tarts, Circus Animal Cookies, Peppermint candies and more. I am sure you’ll find your own ways to mix it up a bit, but in the meantime click on the links below for the recipes or scroll all the way down for the master soft and chewy cookie dough.
Follow Beyond Frosting:
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe to get recipes delivered to your inbox!Print
This master soft and chewy cookie mix makes the perfect cookie every time
- 1 C (2 sticks) Unsalted butter
- 2 C Sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 C Flour
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Cream of tarter
- Add your favorite mix-in
- Combine butter with sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix into butter and sugar until egg is well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough forms.
- Fold in your favorite mix-ins with a spatula so they do not crushed.
- Pre-scoop the dough using a large cookie scoop. Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Use a large cookie scoop (3 tbsp) and scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350° F 10-12 minutes. Cookies will be slightly under baked when removed from the oven. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
Prep time includes time in the refrigerator.
These can be refrigerated overnight but it’s recommended to pre-scoop the dough into balls and then store in an airtight container. Allow to rest at room temperature for 10-15 minutes prior to baking.