These buttery Maple Pecan Cookie Bars have a touch of maple syrup and are loaded with pecans. They’re finished with a brown sugar pecan frosting.
For the cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cups crushed pecans
For the frosting
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1–2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup crushed pecans
- 12–15 whole pecans for garnish
For the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine the butter with the granulated sugar and Stevia In The Raw®, beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Mix into butter and sugar until egg is well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough starts to form. Finally, add the crushed pecans and mix into the dough.
- Press the dough into a 9-inch by 13-inch pan lined with parchment paper. Pat evenly.
- Bake at 350° F 20 minutes, the edges will be slightly brown and the middle will be slightly unbaked. Remove from the oven and cool completely on the counter.
For the frosting:
- Cut the butter into pieces. In a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, whip the butter together with the brown sugar for 2-3 minutes, scraping down the bowl occasionally.
- Next, add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time and mix on low speed until incorporated into butter. As the frosting thickens, add the maple syrup and heavy cream and continuing beating until the frosting is smooth and well combined. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Finally, add the crushed pecans and beat until well mixed. Spread the frosting over the cooled bars and garnish with a whole pecan.