This Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Brownie is pretty much dessert bliss if you like peppermint. The bottom layer is a fudgy brownie and it topped with a peppermint bark cheesecake that will knock your socks off.
For the brownie:
- 1 box fudgy chocolate brownie mix (19.9oz box)
- Ingredients listed on the box: oil, eggs, water
For the cheesecake filling:
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ cup peppermint baking chips
- Hot fudge sauce for garnish
- 12 Andes Peppermint Crunch Thins for garnish
Hot Chocolate Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup hot chocolate powder (about 2 packets)
- For the brownie layer: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the brownie mix, with the ingredients listed on the box. Stir until the batter is well combined and there are no dry ingredients left.
- Pour the batter into the spring form pan and spread evenly. Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes until the center is baked but still slightly fudgy. Allow the brownie to cool completely.
- For the peppermint bark cheesecake: Place 1 tablespoon of cold water in a small dish. Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water, trying to spread the powder evenly. Allow the gelatin to turn to a solid (about 2-3 minutes).
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the white chocolate and 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream. Microwave at 50% power in 30-second increments, stirring each time until the chocolate is melted.
- Next, melt the gelatin in the microwave for 5-8 seconds until it turns back to a liquid. Watch it closely! Stir the liquid gelatin into the melted chocolate and set it aside to cool
- Prepare the whipped cream. Chill a metal mixing bowl and wire whisk in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Then pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set the whipped cream aside.
- Soften the unwrapped cream cheese in the microwave for 15 seconds. Change the mixer to the paddle attachment and beat the cream cheese until it’s completely smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Next, add the melted chocolate and peppermint extract to the cream cheese, beating until it’s completely mixed. Fold the peppermint baking chips into the filling.
- Lastly, fold in the prepared whipped cream and mix until all ingredients are combined. Pour the filling over the cooled brownie, spread evenly and refrigerate for 3-4 hours until the cheesecake filling is set.
- Prior to serving, drizzle with warm hot fudge sauce (heat according to the instructions on the jar) and sprinkle with additional peppermint baking chips.
- For the hot chocolate whipped cream: Prepare a batch of hot chocolate whipped cream. Chill the mixing bowl for 10 minutes. Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken.
- Next, add the powdered hot cocoa and continuing beating until stiff peak form. Pipe the border of cake using a large open round tip. Place Andes Peppermint Crunch Thins around the edges of the cheesecake.