These Meyer Lemon Cupcakes with Coconut Buttercream are a Meyer lemon pound cake cupcakes with a whipped buttercream frosting topped with toasted coconut and chocolate eggs. Perfect for Easter, a bridal or a baby shower.
For the Cupcakes
- 1 package Krusteaz Meyer Lemon Pound Cake
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup water
For the frosting:
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 36 candy-coated chocolate eggs
- For the Cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine pound cake mix with melted butter and water and stir until completely smooth.
- Use a large cookie scoop to divide the batter evenly between the cupcakes liners, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake 22-23 minutes and remove from the oven; allow to cool completely.
- Toast the shredded coconut at 350°F for 8-10 minutes on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- For the frosting: Using the paddle attached on your electric mixer, beat the butter at medium-high speed 5 minutes until butter is fluffy, and almost white in color.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, and continue beating until powdered sugar is incorporated. Add the coconut extract and milk.
- Continue to beat on medium-high speed for 3-5 minutes. The frosting should be very whipped and airy in texture.
- Fill a large pastry bag fitted with a large open round tip with prepared frosting. Pipe the frosting on edge of cupcake. Press the toasted coconut into frosting border by hand. Fill the centers with dollop of frosting and place 3 chocolate eggs on top. Store in an airtight container.