This No-Bake Samoa Cheesecake is a fluffy caramel cheesecake filling packed with toasted coconut, shortbread cookies and a caramel and chocolate swirl. Don’t forgot to top it off with your favorite Samoa girl scout cookie!
For the crust:
- 1 package (14.3 oz) Oreos
- ½ cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 cup coconut, toasted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup caramel sauce, divided
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 12 shortbread cookies, crushed
- ¼ cup hot fudge sauce plus additional for garnish
For the topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 12 Samoa cookies for garnish
- For the crust: Prepare a 9-inch springform pan by lightly greasing the edges of the pan with cooking spray, and then wiping gently with a paper towel. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Grind the cookies into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs and stir until the crumbs are well coated.
- Pour the crumbs into your springform pan and press firmly into the bottom and up on the sides to create a thick crust. Refrigerate the crust while you are preparing the filling.
- For the filling: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Toast coconut until lightly brown 8-10 minutes. It is best to toast on a baking sheet line with parchment paper. Allow to cool.
- Allow the cream cheese to soften to room temperature or microwave for 15 seconds. Combine the softened cream cheese with 1/3 cup of caramel sauce, granulated sugar and vanilla extract. Beat on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Prepare the whipped cream. Pour 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the prepared whipped cream into the caramel cream cheese filling and stir until completely smooth. Next fold in the toasted coconut (reserve a small handful for garnish) and crushed shortbread cookies.
- To build your cheesecake, pour 1/3 of the cheesecake filling in your prepared crust, swirl approximately 1-2 tablespoons of caramel sauce and chocolate sauce over top and swirl with a knife. Repeat these steps two more times and spread the top evenly. Refrigerate your cheesecake for 4-6 hours.
- For the topping: Prepare another batch of whipped cream as instructed above.
- Use a large open round tip and pipe a border around the cheesecake. Garnish with hot fudge, caramel and toasted coconut. Slice the Samoa cookies in half and place between each dollop of whipped cream.