This Cookies and Cream Pudding Poke Cake is a moist vanilla Cake loaded with Oreo cookies, a white chocolate pudding and topped with homemade whipped cream.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups milk (I use nonfat)
- 2 cups crushed Oreos (about 15–18 Oreos)
For the filling:
- 1 pkg Instant white chocolate pudding (or vanilla)
- 1 3/4 cups milk
For the topping:
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Hot fudge sauce for garnish (optional)
- 4–6 crushed Oreos for garnish
- For the cakes: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until the eggs and oil are well incorporated and the batter is lighter in color, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Next mix in the sour cream and beat until well combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Add half the dry ingredients and beat on low speed while pouring in half of the milk and mix just until the flour starts to incorporate.
- Finally add the remaining dry ingredients, mixing on low speed while pouring in the remaining milk and beating until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl and stir the batter from the bottom to the top to ensure it’s well mixed
- In a large Ziploc bag, crushed the Oreos into small pieces using a rolling pin or something similar. Fold the crushed Oreos into the cupcake batter.
- Pour the batter into a 9×13-inch baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 26-28 minutes. Test the cake for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done. Cool Completely.
- Take a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes over the top of the cake.
- For the filling: In a small mixing bowl, combine the instant pudding with the milk and whisk together until the powdered mix is dissolved.
- Pour the liquid pudding mix over top of the cake, try to fill the holes with the pudding mix.
- Refrigerate the cake until the pudding is firm, about 10 minutes or so.
- For the topping: Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream thickens.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks start to form. Spread the whipped cream over the top of the cake. Keep refrigerated. Serve with hot fudge sauce and crushed Oreos.