This Chocolate Chip Cookie Lush Dessert has mouthwatering layers of cookies, cheesecake, pudding and whipped cream. It starts with a buttery, chocolate chip cookie on the bottom. It’s layered with a brown sugar no-bake cheesecake, dark chocolate pudding and whipped cream on top.
This post is sponsored by Krusteaz. All opinions are my own.
Can you really take your eyes off a dessert this beautiful? I mean just look at all those layers. How could you resist even one bite? You can’t.
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Lush Dessert is mouthwatering in every sense of the word. A buttery, chocolate chip cookie lines the bottom of this dessert. It’s layered with a brown sugar no-bake cheesecake, dark chocolate pudding and whipped cream on top.
It doesn’t get much better than this.
You might be asking yourself, what is a lush dessert? It’s basically a dessert lasagna, or sometimes called an icebox cake. It starts with a crust, usually cookies or graham crackers. Next is a layer of cheesecake, followed by pudding and a whipped topping.
Most of the time, lush desserts are no-bake, but in this case we have a baked chocolate chip cookie for the crust.
When my friends at Krusteaz asked me to make a dessert for Thanksgiving, I couldn’t help but combine my love for cookies with my love of no-bake cheesecakes. You might remember the pumpkin cheesecake cookie pie I made last year?
The best part of these desserts is that they can be prepared ahead of time to save you from stressing at the last minute when you’re trying to get everything else done.
We just LOVE the Krusteaz cookie mixes in our house. When I asked my husband to pick up a couple of boxes, he made sure I knew that the extra boxes of Snickerdoodles were for him. Typical.
For this Chocolate Chip Cookie Lush Dessert, I reached for a box of Krusteaz Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie . All you need to make the crust is the cookie mix, an egg and one stick of butter. I love that all you need are 3 simple ingredients to make the cookie crust.
It might seem labor intensive, but it’s much easier than you think. Plus your friends will be SO impressed when they slice into it!
How to make a Chocolate Chip Cookie Lush
You can make this dessert in a 9-inch square pan or even a 9-inch round if you’d like to slice it more like a pie. Just press the dough into the bottom of your greased baking dish and bake for 15-18 minutes. The cookie should still be soft in the middle but the edges might be a little more crispy.
Once the cookie is cooled, you can start with the other layers.
Start by preparing a batch of homemade whipped cream. When making the whipped cream, all you need to do is make one big batch and then you can split it between the cheesecake filling and the topping.
If you’d like to save some time, you might consider using a pre-made whipped topping.
Next, prepare the pudding layer. Combine the instant chocolate pudding and milk together in a bowl and whisk to combine. Place the pudding in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to set.
Finally, prepare the no-bake cheesecake. It’s flavored with brown sugar, vanilla extract and mini chocolate chips. Once combined, fold in 1 ½ cups of the prepared whipped cream to complete the cheesecake.
Now it’s time to layer the dessert.
Spread the cheesecake layer over top of the cookie crust. Then spread the chocolate pudding next, followed by the remaining whipped cream on top.
Technically, you could serve this right away, but I prefer to let this set in the fridge for a couple hours. I usually make it a day or two before serving and keep it covered in the fridge.
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Lush Dessert is here right in time for the holidays when you are constantly either hosting or attending parties, dinners or a get together with friends and family.
Keep up with Krusteaz
Follow Beyond Frosting:
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
It starts with a buttery, chocolate chip cookie on the bottom. It’s layered with a brown sugar no-bake cheesecake, dark chocolate pudding and whipped cream on top.
For the crust:
- 1 package Krusteaz Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
For the pudding:
- 1 package (3.4oz) instant chocolate pudding
- 1 ¾ cups milk
For the cheesecake:
- 1 ¾ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9-inch round pan by greasing the bottom with cooking spray.
- Prepare the cookie mix according to the instructions on the box. Press the prepared dough evenly into the pan. Bake at 350° F for 15-18 minutes until the center is cooked through. Cool completely.
- Once the cookie is cooled, prepare the pudding. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk and whisk until the powder has dissolved. Refrigerate until the pudding has set.
- Next, prepare the cheesecake layer. Place a metal mixing bowl in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to chill.
- Pour the heavy cream into the chilled bowl and whip at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Then add the powdered sugar and continue mixing until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat together the cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla extract for several minutes until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add the mini chocolate chips and mix until combined. Next, fold 1 ½ cups of the prepared whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until well mixed.
- Spread the cheesecake over the cooled cookie. Then evenly spread the prepared chocolate pudding over the cheesecake layer.
- Finally, spread the remaining whipped cream on top. Keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.