This Cinnamon Apple Pie is so simple to make and for us, it’s the perfect apple pie recipe. Flavored with white and brown sugar, loads of cinnamon and maple syrup. If you need a basic apple pie recipe, this is it!
- 2 single pie crusts, dough prepared
- 4 medium granny smith apples
- 2 medium gala apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg, whisked
- Coarse sugar (optional)
- Prepare two single size pie crust dough. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove one crust from the refrigerator, roll and prepare the crust in your pie plate.
- Slice the apples about 1/8” thick and toss with the lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine your dry ingredients and then toss the apples thoroughly in the dry ingredients.
- Finally, drizzle the maple syrup over top then pour your apples in your prepared crust.
- Cut the butter into 9 small pieces and distribute over the apples.
- Next, take a large chunk of the remaining pie dough and roll it out into 10” long strips. Build your lattice.
- Brush the crush with the egg and then sprinkle with a coarse sugar (optional).
- Use any remaining dough and small cookie cutters to make cut outs of the pie dough and place along the edges of the crust. Brush the front and back sides with egg wash.
- Bake the pie at 400° for 15 minutes and then reduce the temperature to 350° and bake for another 30 minutes. Allow the pie to cool for a couple of hours before serving.
- 2 single pie crust recipes are necessary if you’re making a lattice crust
- My go-to pie crust is the classic Crisco recipe
- You can use all granny smith apples, or another type of apple of your choosing
- If you don’t have maple syrup you can omit it from the recipe