These chewy, Soft Molasses Cookies are just perfect! They are slightly crispy on the edges, chewy in the middle with a kick of ginger flavor and rolled in sugar for a sweet finish. Molasses Cookies are the perfect Christmas Cookies to share with you family and friends.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon Rodelle vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoons cream of tarter
- Additional ½ cup granulated sugar to roll the cookies in
- In your stand mixer, combine the butter with the granulated and brown sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add the molasses, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix into the butter and sugar until the eggs are well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredient. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough starts to form.
- Place the remaining ½ cup sugar in a bowl. Use a large cookie scoop (3 tbsp) and scoop cookie dough into sugar, roll around to coat the cookie.
- Place the cookies on a silicone lined baking sheet. Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 45 minutes and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place the cookies about 2 inches apart on your baking sheet. If your cookies have been refrigerated longer than 2 hours, allow them to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.