These easy Almond Cookie Cups are an almond sugar cookie filled with a white chocolate ganache and topped with sliced Almonds.
For the cookie:
- 1 box Krusteaz Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
For the filling:
- 7 ounces white chocolate
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- For the cookies: Preheat the oven to 350°F and generously grease a mini muffin pan with cooking spray or Crisco.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine cookie mix, butter, egg and almond extract and beat until well mixed.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough into each mini muffin cavity.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until the cookie dough is lightly golden brown. Allow the cookie cups to cool for 10-15 minutes. While the cookies are still warm, use the back of a measuring spoon to press into the center of each cookie to make a cup shape.
- Remove cookie cups gently and allow to cool completely.
- For the filling: Combine the white chocolate and heavy whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 60-90 seconds, stirring occasionally. Microwave until chocolate is completely melted and stir until smooth.
- Use a spoon or piping bag to fill the center of each cookie cup. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Allow the filling to cool and set completely. Store in an airtight container, or freeze up to two weeks.
Variations: It’s super easy to swap out the flavors.
Peppermint White Chocolate: Substitute the almond extract for peppermint and garnish with crushed peppermint candy.
Peppermint Chocolate Chip: Use a box of Krusteaz Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie mix. Add ½ cup crushed peppermint candy to the cookie dough. Substitute the white chocolate for milk or dark chocolate and top with crushed peppermint candy.
Snickerdoodle White Chocolate: Use a box of Krusteaz Snickerdoodle Cookie mix instead.